- Deepak Lalwani is Founder and Director of Lalcap Ltd, a London based consultancy specialising in doing business with India. Prior to setting up his own company he was Director – India at London stock broker, Astaire, where he worked for over 16 years
- He is only one of two persons from India to be elected as a Member of The London Stock Exchange more than 30 years ago and is regarded by peers as an authority and pre-eminent contributor on the Indian economic story
- He is a qualified UK accountant (Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants) and a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (UK). He has a great passion to enhance UK-India business and investment ties
- For over 25 years he has authored and published the influential “India Report”, which is distributed to key decision makers globally, including investment managers at global financial institutions, businessmen worldwide, Chambers of Commerce, UK MPs, members of The House of Lords in the UK and the media
- 2010 was a special year for Deepak as he was honoured with three prestigious awards. In January he was honoured in New Delhi with the prestigious “Bharat Samman Pravasi Award” by the NRI Institute. Past awardees have included The President of Mauritius and many members of UK’s House of Lords. In June in the UK he was awarded an OBE – Officer of the Most Excellent Order of The British Empire – in The Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2010, for services to UK’s financial services industry. In September he was awarded “The Glory of India” award
- He is a regular commentator on the unfolding India economic story on global TV, radio and press and has influenced millions of US Dollar investments into India. He also chairs and speaks at many high level seminars in the UK and Europe. He is a guest speaker on India at MBA programmes of major UK business schools
- Deepak has a passion to contribute to the UK, his country of adoption and to India, his country of origin.